Mon, Jan 08|
Monday Study Group -- The Soul of a Pilgrim
Using Christine’s book, The Rev. Karla Woggon will guide us on a new kind of pilgrimage: an inner journey to discover the heart of God. Eight stages of the pilgrim’s way–from hearing the call to coming home–are accompanied by great biblical journeys and creative practices of writing and photography.
Time & Location
Jan 08, 2024, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Hickory, 726 1st Ave NW, Hickory, NC 28601, USA
About the Event
Using Christine’s book, The Rev. Karla Woggon will guide us on a new kind of pilgrimage: an inner journey to discover the heart of God. Eight stages of the pilgrim’s way–from hearing the call to coming home–are accompanied by scripture stories of great biblical journeys and creative practices of prayer, writing, and photography.
We will explore the eight stages and learn how to follow the movements to make an intentional, transformative journey to our inner “wild edges.” Each phase of the exploration requires a distinct practice such as packing lightly, being uncomfortable, or embracing the unknown. We will learn how to cultivate attentiveness to the divine through deep listening, patience, and opening oneself to the gifts that arise in the midst of discomfort.
Each of the eight chapters offers reflections on the themes, a scripture story, an invitation to the practice of lectio divina, and creative exploration through photography, midrash writing, and meditative movement.
- November 6th - The Practice of Hearing the Call and Responding
- November 13th - The Practice of Packing Lightly
- November 20th - The Practice of Crossing the Threshold
- November 27th - The Practice of Making the Way by Walking
- December 4th - The Practice of Being Uncomfortable
- December 11th - The Practice of Beginning Again
- December 18th - The Practice of Embracing the Unknown
- January 8th - The Practice of Coming Home
HAVE QUESTIONS? Please email Karla at email@example.com.